- This event has passed.
Ethics and Boundaries
June 23 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm$35
- Describe Professional codes of ethics and conduct as inherent components of professional accountability and best practices.
- Identify universal ethical compromises on helping relationship.
- Identify individual vulnerability as it relates to potential ethical dilemmas.
- Utilize a problem-solving model targeted to the ethical dilemmas facing behavioral health professionals
- Develop a self-care intended to minimize ethical dilemmas.
Karen Edens, BA, CCPD has over 50 years of professional experience working in human service/behavioral health arena. Her training includes direct client services in mental health; domestic abuse; military; and communities of color. Over the past 5 years, Ms. Edens has served as adjunct faculty for post-secondary academic institutions including the University of Minnesota, University of Wisconsin-Stout, University of North Dakota, Augustana College and Century Community college.