New Beginnings, Waverly – Men
The men’s residential program offers a chance for male patients to focus on their respective issues in discreet and effective settings. Our men’s program is individualized and gender-specific. We focus on addressing individual needs and building the skills needed to achieve a lifetime of recovery.
Our men’s program offers a variety of treatment protocols, individually prescribed for each patient’s unique needs and may include:
- Medical management
- Primary treatment
- Group and individual sessions
- Family programs
- Male-specific curriculum
- Male-specific mental health psychotherapy groups
- Male-centered nutritional lectures
- Relapse awareness groups
- Recovery skills
- Therapeutic recreation and relaxation
- Alcoholics Anonymous/Narcotics Anonymous meetings
- Continuing care services to support our “Lifetime Recovery” principle
- New Beginnings Minnesota Alumni programs and support
When Getting Ready for Residential Treatment at New Beginnings, Waverly
1. Download our Getting Ready for Treatment checklist of things you need to know.
2. You cannot bring cell phones or other electronics, nor can you make or receive phone calls for the first three days. Please plan accordingly.
3. You must bring a 30-day supply of any current medications, in their original containers. If you do not have enough on hand, please visit your doctor or pharmacist in advance to get your prescriptions filled. Please note that you will be responsible for all medication costs; Rule 25 without M.A. does not cover medications.
4. Make sure family members and loved ones know our Visitation Rules for the Men’s Facility.
5. All visitations are held at the main New Beginnings, Waverly Facility, for both men & women. Visitors are limited to family/significant others only (unless approved by counselor) Underage visitors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
6. We typically do not allow patients to leave for outside appointments, as it can interrupt the continuity of the treatment process.